Suggestions for Success
1) Pre-read the sections before class meetings. Note in your text anything you read which you do not understand and ask your instructor for additional explanation.
2) Sit at the front of the room and take comprehensive notes at all times. After class, fill in your notes if you have any missing information and if necessary ask your instructor for further explanation.
3) Always be organized. This will save you time and energy in the future.
4) Devote a time and place where you can concentrate your study efforts and have a valuable learning experience.
5) As you do each problem, be sure that you understand the concepts and methods used in each problem. "Don't do homework, understand homework."
6) Studying with other students will be extremely beneficial. Form study groups with classmates and meet on a regular basis.
7) Have all homework done at least one day before the test, then review the problems. Make note cards and review them frequently so that you do not forget material previously learned.
8) Be aware that one hour of class will require at least two hours of study outside of class. As you invest the quality study time, aim at perfecting your study skills.
9) Be a dedicated student with perseverance.
10) Keep a positive mental attitude! Don't give up!!!
Have a great semester!